Thursday, January 31, 2008

What do you enjoy about the class you play the most?

Blog Azeroth asks:
What do you enjoy about the class you play the most?


This one is easy.

I love playing the game under the presumption that Paladin's can't DPS, when, in fact, we totally can!

Yes, yes, maybe we couldn't before, unless we were really, REALLY good. And Patch 2.3 changed the game up a whole lot.

There is nothing more satisfying to me then being complimented on my damage output in a party and thereby shattering any preconcieved notions that person may or may not have had
about my class and chosen talent spec.

I want Paladins to raid as DPS. There's enough of us who want to. I want the WoW community at large to see that, in fact, we CAN fulfill this role, and that we should be desired as such.

Of course, I don't want the Holy specs to stop Healing, or the Protection specs to stop tanking. I want all of us to play our chosen specs to the fullest and be accepted by our peers in whatever role we chose to play. More so than that, I want Paladins to be respected for what we can accomplish in said roles. And respect is what it really boils down to.

No one has ever complained about a Paladin healing (that I've seen). Since Burning Crusade (roughly) I haven't heard any complaints about Paldins tanking either. DPSers are a dime-a-dozen, but tanks and healers are priceless.

I would go one step further and encourage my fellow Retribution Paladins to stock up on healing and tanking gear as well. Often you will be in dungeons were great blues drop that no one needs. This provides an excellent opportunity to build up on your versatility. I have no qualms with healing in cloth, or tanking in Warrior gear without INT on it.

To close I'd like to say thanks to Blog Azeroth for coming up with Shared Topics, it's a fun idea and hope to see more in the future.

No comments: