Tuesday, January 22, 2008

An eventful 3-day weekend indeed!

Wow! Thank goodness for 3-day weekends! Over the course of weekend last I was able to accomplish a number of things:

1. Watched "The Godfather" for the first time in my life. I'm convinced it's one of the best movies ever made.
2. Saw "Cloverfield" with the Missus. I thought it was an enjoyable, good movie! Very intense! Money well-spent.
3. Level from 69-70 (Thanks Nagrand!)
4. Start my Karazhan Key quest (I'm at the Shadow Labs fragment now).
5. Gathered enough gold to go to Shadowmoon Valley and purchase riding training and my flying mount (I chose a Snowy Gryphon).

Really, all I did to accomplish the above (aside from Cloverfield and The Godfather) is just knock out quests in a single zone in order as they appear in your quest log (top to bottom). That's it! I spent gold when I needed an upgrade from the AH, or on mats to craft them for myself (Adamantite Plate, ftw). Obviously, I incurred costs like repair bills, training (level 70 training cost about 100g alone), and consumables. But really, I just ran instances for gear; not even for dungeon drops, but more for the blue-quality quest rewards involved in each instance. This too, required some degree of patience, because you'll typically have to complete a good portion of all the quests in any given zone before you are granted the quests for the dungeons most closely associated with each (for example, you gotta knock out a good portion of the quests in Zangarmarsh before getting the quests for the Coilfang Reservoir instances, or most of the Terokkar Forest quests for the Auchindoun ones).

Lootzor.com has been my friend. I can access it from work. I can sort desired gear by level, stat, and dungeon difficulty involved (Normals, Heroics, Low Raid, High Raid). Seriously, it's a great little tool!

With Runic, I went from Zangarmarsh, to Nagrand, to Blade's Edge, to Shadowmoon Valley. THEN I backtracked to Netherstorm and Terrokar Forest. Keeping things in order this time around was slower in getting me to 70, but more beneficial in terms of money and gear.

Next on my to-do list I suppose is:

1. Go train up the last recipes for Mining
2. Continue to gather mats to max out Blacksmithing,
Thunder will be mine...
2. Farm some Anger Guards for Ragesteel armor plans and craft them with the Khorium I've been hoarding
3. Go kill the named Orc at the Black Temple in Shadowmoon Valley and get my Shattered Halls Key.
4. Land a successful Dark Portal run.
5. Get Exalted with the Consortium for
Hamad's Bargain
6. Get Revered with the Keepers of Time for the
Continuum Blade and Timewarden's Legplates... because Retnoobs need tanking gear too!
7. Continue to grind out quests and work my way up to passable Heroic dungeon gear.

No comments: